Counseling Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect at my first visit?
- During the initial session we will discuss your current stressors as well as past history as those experiences can contribute to the way we will approach your treatment plan. I understand that it is not easy to open up to a complete stranger so during the first visit it is completely up to you on how much you would like to share.
What is a treatment plan?
- A treatment plan are the goals that we will be working towards. These goals are anything from improving communication with your partner to how to handle walking past the baby section in Target. These goals will be discussed at the initial session, but may change throughout your time in therapy.
Do you accept insurance?
- Yes, I currently accept most major insurance plans. Contact the office to check eligibility for in-network coverage. I also except self-pay.
Can you prescribe medications?
- I cannot prescribe medication as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. However, if you are in need of medication I can assist in connecting you with a practitioner.
How long are the sessions?
- Most sessions last 50 minutes.
Get to know us
Throughout my career as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker I have had the opportunity to work with different populations, but only noticed a gap in reproductive mental health when I was the one in need of support. As I personally faced a reproductive health issue, I quickly joined a club that no one ever wants to be a part of...The Infertility Club. Almost immediately I began to realize how many others surrounding me were in this club that no one ever really talked about. I started speaking with women I barely knew who shared some of the most difficult moments of their lives with me as well as their frustrations with the lack of mental health supports. I then decided to start the journey of opening a practice where women could stop suffering in silence and seek the support that is critical in addressing their behavioral health wellness. My experiences have shaped the way I approach therapy as well as the way Willow Counseling Services operates.
We are conveniently located in the Longacre Village Shopping Center next to the Kent County Library.
Willow Counseling Services is dedicated to providing the highest quality of therapy services delivered with trust, thoughtfulness and empathy